Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Welcome to My World!

One of the reasons I enjoy cooking at home so much is that I'm spoiled by my own cooking.  As a solitary gourmet, I get to pick my own ingredients and control the method, and ultimately the delicious outcome, of everything I eat.  My nutritional needs are met with careful planning, and the results are both visually appealing and mouthwateringly appetizing.

Of course, dining with Family & Friends is a wonderful thing, but, hey, when you live alone, you eat alone a great deal, and my goal is to make that as enjoyable and delicious an experience as possible!

I've been cooking since I was 12, love good food, and am always looking for new recipes and fun ways to turn out old favourites.  I innovate as well adapting recipes to cook for 1 or 2, and also cook ahead and freeze many meals. 

When my daughters were growing up I catered to their varied tastes, instilling in them a love of preparing meals from scratch.  Now as I cook primarily for myself, and endeavour to make every meal an occasion, my table is set with a colourful placemat and I always take the time to "savour the flavour".

Usually I dine by myself with my patient dog, Misty, sitting at my feet, wide-eyed and wishing for scraps to fall. 

This blog is my way of sharing and connecting with other "Solitary Foodies" out there.  We dine by ourselves, but we are not alone!

1 comment:

  1. All thanks to Dr.chala for helping me with his herbs to cure my (HERPES VIRUS) right now everything is fine thank God for everything, doctor Chala you are the best i ever meet he is real and can be trusted and also he is the best traditional herbal doctor in West African Nigeria you can email him dr.chalaherbalhome@gmail.com he can also cure (1} HIV And AIDS (2) HPV (3) Diabetes (4) Hepatitis (5) Vitiligo (6) Blood Cancer (7)) Acid reflux (8) STD {9} Fibroids (10) ALS {11} Thyroid {12} Blood pressure, to no more aboutDr chala and his product visit his website on http://drchalaherbalhome.godaddysites.com or. https://mywa.link/dr.chalaherbalhome

    ReplyDelete