Thursday, July 26, 2012

FruitiePatootie Tarts

Such a long time coming!

I've been on hiatus since getting cable TV and a PVR last fall.  After 4 years of reading a book every 2 days while listening to rock 'n roll, I finally relented before yet another long winter set in - and the first thing I watched was:  5 hours straight on Food Network!  It was glorious - my old favourite, Iron Chef, is still along with a few new versions, plus some wonderful new shows like Chopped and Jamie Oliver's Meals in Minutes.  I recorded all of the latter show, and tried my hand at re-creating these feasts for 1 or 2 servings rather than 4 (my versions of his Piripiri Chicken and Chicken Mushroom Pie will follow).

For the moment, though, I offer you the following:  FruitiePatootie Tarts.
A great way to utilize some lovely fresh seasonal fruit, all this simple method requires is 3-4 tart shells and a small handful of any kind of fruit.

FruitiePatootie Tarts:

1/2 cup chopped pitted cherries (or blueberries, apples, peaches, assorted and/or mixed berries, plums, nectarines, or a combination of any of them.

1 1/2 - 2 tbsp sugar

1 tsp cornstarch (use 1 1/2 tsp for blueberries)

3-4 frozen tart shells

1/2 prepared single shell pie crust (optional)



Combine first 3 ingredients then pack into tart shells.
Cover with lattice tops if desired (if doing so, brush lightly with cream & sprinkle with sugar before baking).

Bake on baking sheet for 30-35 minutes at 375 F.

Cool on rack for 1 hour.

(A lovely topping for tart without lattice tops is to put 1 tbsp of Marshmallow Creme on top of each tart, flatten slightly, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.  The Marshmallow Creme will settle while the tart cools).

2 comments:

  1. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy, ,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Non Hodgkin Lymphoma,Skin Cancer,Lupus,Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer, fibromyalgia ,ALS,Hepatitis,Copd,Parkinson disease.Genetic disease,Fibrodysplasia disease,Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity Syndrome,Liver/Kidney Inflammatory,Men/Woman infertility, bowel disease ,Huntington's disease ,Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative, because it compresses most of the information needed and the best solution to Paralysis still remains herbal medicines.
    I became more convinced in herbal medicines because of NZE NJOKU HERBAL HOME.
    I have also contacted Nze Njoku for herbal treatment for my grandfather who had suffered paralysis caused by stroke for eight years.
    My grandfather took herbal medicines from Nze Njoku Herbal Home as he's instructed without any lifestyle change which healed him of paralysis within nine weeks.
    As I write this my grandfather is doing great on his feet and most importantly he has started his business effectively as if nothing happened to him.
    Feel free to contact them on;
    nzenjokuherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete